The Super Bowl is right around the corner, airing on February 2 at 3:30PM between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos. Who will you be rooting for? And how are you preparing for your Super Bowl bash? Here are the top five ways to get prepared for the Super Bowl:
- Food is the name of the game. Some of the most popular foods for super bowl day are dips of all kinds including bean (10+ layer), artichoke, spinach, onion etc, wings, chips, pizza, hamburgers, you get the idea. Also, making snacks into shapes that replicate footballs or other Super Bowl themes are popular as well.
- Drinks are also good too. Create some fun cocktails for your party such as beergaritias, touchdown tea, or a gold old case of some beer. Make sure you have enough for the whole group.
- Don’t forget the commercials! Let’s be honest, some people only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. See our favorite listed below!
- TV, TV, TV. Obviously you have to watch the game somewhere and it needs to be fairly good quality in order to please your guests. Make sure your surround sound and 60-incher are ready to go. Don’t have one? Find yourself a shiny flat screen for a good deal, just in time!
- Brush up on your football facts. Here are some examples of interesting football facts we found:
- The Seahawks are the only team in the NFL with the same first three letters in their city and team name.
- During their 2005 Super Bowl season, Seattle turned the ball over five times at Jacksonville in week one, and then did not turn the ball over on the road again until week 17. Source
- Denver’s 52 points on Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles were the most in franchise history.
- Denver has scored 59 points in the third quarter this season. That’s more than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jacksonville Jaguars have scored all season and just two points less than the New York Giants. Source
Here’s our favorite Super Bowl commercial so far: