What’s in your backyard? No, we are not talking about your play set and lawn furniture. There are a plethora of events and activities right in your own community that may be passing you by. Sticking around town this weekend to save gas? Looking an activity for the whole family? Putting a new year’s resolution into action? No matter what your motivation is, here are a few ideas of local activities to get you started.
Find local garage sales – Long gone are the days of relying on your weekend drives to see signs pointing you to neighborhood garage sales. Try searching online!
- Fairfield Village Community Garage Sale (Cypress, TX) – Fairfield Women’s Club is hosting a community wide garage sale on April 2, 2011 between 7am-2pm! One day only!
Volunteer your time – Break out of your routine and look for opportunities for the whole family to help people in your area.
- Volunteers Needed, Option 2 Change Inc. (Douglasville, GA) – Option 2 Change Inc. is a nonprofit 501c3 that assists single parents with restoration of family,community, and advancement of education. We are currently looking for 100 volunteers, new members, corporate sponsors and more if you are interested please contact our local office.
Last minute tickets – If you like to live life on the edge, be spontanoues and look for last minute concert tickets.
- Bon Jovi Concert (Chicago, IL) – Bon Jovi concert, March 8th, 7:30pm – Section 227-Row 2 – Aisle seats, Free coat check! Private Lexus Club Level! Free parking pass in the VIP lot $115 for everything!
Local classes – Who said learning can’t be fun? Try something completely new or look for local resources that can expand your knoweldge.
- Zumba Dance Fitness Classes (Culver City, CA) – ZUMBA fuses latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic workout that is a total blast! The routines are aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast rythms to tone and sculpt the body. The principle of this class is that workouts should be FUN AND EASY TO DO! From http://www.yourneighborhoodstudio.com.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Training Classes (Houston, TX) – Hands-on Microsoft PowerPoint Training Classes (Level 1 & 2) from Compusoft USA.
What are some of your favorite local events and activities?